50 hrs Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Sequencing Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Scheduled over 4 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) From 9 am to 3 pm
- 01 - Oct 23-24 (finishing at 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday)
- 02 - Nov 06-07
- 03 - Nov 20-21
- 04 - Dec 04-05
The workshop fee is €600.
- Learn, review, and practice biomechanics to ensure correct body alignment with no risk of injury to joints or muscles.
- Review and modify the Ashtanga sequences, overviewing specific cues ensuring your students' safe progress and development.
- Use the principles of strength development.
- Gain confidence in understanding the importance of developing specific body strengths for challenging poses.
- Create effective sequences in developing strength and flexibility for advanced poses.
- Consolidate your understanding and relate to students the importance of having a strong core for the correct alignment in Yoga asanas.
- Modification of asanas accessible to elderly and students with minimal mobility
- Connect poses with fluidity and efficiency, offering a sequence of poses that flow in harmony.
15 hrs: Review of Anatomy
- Recap on the specific muscles involved in backbends, forward bends, twist and arms weight poses
15 hrs Applied Biomechanics
- Gaining a solid understanding of how to cue the stabiliser and synergist muscles to support the agonist muscle.
20 hrs Sequence creation
- We will work to design sequences in Ashtanga flow inspired by our knowledge and expertise in contemporary dance and strength training. We will also focus on modifying our sequences to suit the unique requirements of specific groups (i.e. elderly, limited mobility).
This is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Workshop. The minimum requirement for participation is a 200 YTT Certification.